Finding a home care agency in the Delaware County, Chester County, or Montgomery County areas requires some research. At WellSprings Home Care, we want to ensure that you feel totally confident in choosing the right in-home care provider to help the senior in your life get the assistance he or she needs.
That’s why we’ve made things a bit simpler by providing this list of questions to ask when hiring a home care agency. Use these questions when interviewing the agency or care provider, so that you can get decide if he or she is the right match.
First, begin by knowing which type of home care provider you’re looking for. If your loved one needs medical assistance, a nurse or licensed nursing aide may be a better fit. If non-medical assistance is needed, non-medical in-home caregivers might be an ideal match.
If you need more information, consult with your loved one’s doctor, or check out our article on Non-Medical vs. Medical Home Care. Once you’ve made this decision, you can ask the home care agency questions such as:
- What services do you provide?
- Do you provide 24-hour care?
- How soon can services begin?
- How does the agency assess which services continue over time?
- What type of training do the caregivers have?
Compliance and Finance
You’ll want to be sure the agency has legitimate credentials, and see how it offers to cover expenses. You could ask questions such as:
- Is your agency licensed by the state?
- Will I receive all cost and service agreements in writing?
- Am I able to review your terms and conditions before signing a contract?
- Are your caregivers covered under insurance?
- Am I able to review your privacy practices?
Safety and Quality
The agency should be able to assure you that your loved one will be safe under their care. Additionally, they should be able to provide references from past or present clients, to reassure the quality of their services. To obtain this information, ask questions like:
- How do you conduct your hiring process?
- Do you require background testing for potential employees?
- Do you keep up with employee screenings at least annually?
- What training process do employees go through? Is it ongoing?
- Does the agency have routine inspections conducted by an outside organization?
- Can you provide inspection reports?
- How do your caregivers handle emergency situations?
- How does the agency and/or caregiver remain in contact with the client’s family? How often will they be in contact?
- Can you provide references upon request?
Hiring a Home Care Agency
Now that you have a list of the right questions to ask when deciding on a home care agency in the Delaware County, Chester County, and Montgomery County areas, it’s time to find the right agency.
You can get started by calling a representative at WellSprings Home Care at 610-463-0880 or schedule a complimentary in-home assessment today! We’ll be able to provide you with answers for any and all of your home care questions and concerns.