When you find that your elderly loved one is beginning to need assistance with caring for him or herself, senior home care may be the best answer. At WellSprings Home Care, we provide a variety of services that will allow your loved one to remain in his or her home, while receiving the extra help he or she needs.
Your Guide to Choosing the Best Senior Home Care
Whether your aging relative is in need of companionship, help with groceries, mobility assistance, or anything in between, it’s best to do your research when choosing the best senior home care. Keep reading to see what we recommend when looking for the right home care agency for your loved one.
Consider Your Loved One’s Needs
First, it’s best to figure out exactly what it is that your loved one is in need of. Perhaps they need some assistance with running errands, preparing meals, or reminders to take their medication. Evaluating their needs first will direct you to finding the home care agencies that offer these services.
Ask the Right Questions
Once you’ve decided on which services your loved one will need, it’s time to start speaking with home care agencies directly. It’s important to ask as many questions and address your concerns with the agencies’ representatives; such questions might include:
- How long has the agency been providing home care services?
- How do they choose their caregivers?
- What type of training do the caregivers undergo?
- Are they able to meet language or cultural needs?
- Is the agency licensed by the state, and is it Medicaid certified?
- How often do they perform background checks on staff members?
- What are the options when it comes to paying for care?
- Are caregivers equipped to handle dementia or diseases such as Alzheimer’s?
- Will they provide transportation to and from doctor’s visits, or local errands?
- Are caregivers available for live-in care? If not, how often will they visit?
- Do supervisors perform checkups to ensure the client is receiving the highest quality of care?
Choosing the Right Caregiver
Once you’ve decided on the right home care agency, the next step is to choose the right caregiver. When you contact the agency, your loved one will be matched with a caregiver to fit his or her needs. Then, an in-person interview is conducted, where the care manager will meet with you, your family, and of course, your loved one.
It’s important to make sure the caregiver is a good fit for your elder’s needs. Don’t be afraid to interview more than one person so that you can be sure you’ve found the perfect match for your aging parent or relative.
Finding a Home Care Agency in Chester County
At WellSprings Home Care, we provide a wide variety of home care services, along with highly trained, compassionate caregivers. If you’d like to get started with home care services, contact us today at (610) 463-0880 or book a or schedule a complimentary in-home assessment today!
We proudly serve seniors in Chester County, Montgomery County, and Delaware County, and look forward to providing your loved one with the assistance he or she needs.