If your loved one has had a recent hospital stay, our caregivers at WellSprings Home Care can help! From live-in assistance, to respite care from time to time, we provide plenty of services to seniors in the Delaware County, Chester County, and Montgomery County areas.
After your loved one has spent time in the hospital, perhaps for an injury or surgery, he or she will more than likely want to recover in their comfort of his or her own home, which is where we can step in. Read on to find out more!
Home Care Services
Hospital recovery can require extra care and attention, and having an in-home caregiver may be just the right solution. Our caregivers provide services such as:
• Live-in care, for those who need around-the-clock assistance
• Personal care, such as bathing and dressing, along with dental care
• Respite care, for those times when you might need a break for a few days
• Mobility assistance, especially if your loved one is recovering from a recent fall, or is required to walk around as part of rehabilitation
• Medication reminders and light housework, such as laundry, meal preparation, or some errands
Services like these can allow you to rest assured that your loved one is receiving the right care he or she needs after time spent in the hospital. Our team at WellSprings Home Care provides extensive training for our caregivers in all of these areas, so that your loved one is receiving only the highest quality of care.
Finding the Right Caregiver
Finding the right caregiver starts even before your loved one is discharged. You’ll want to check with his or her doctor to first see if home care is the right option. If so, you’ll then need to discuss which services your loved one will need from a caregiver – most importantly, if he or she will need medical or non-medical services.
Then, you’ll want to find an agency that provides such services. Be sure to ask the agencies a number of questions, such as:
• If they’re licensed by the state
• If they’re certified by Medicare or Medicaid
• What type of training their caregivers undergo
• How they conduct their hiring process
• If they keep up with employee screenings
• If they can provide references upon request
Asking these questions ahead of time can eliminate problems in the future, and you can have peace of mind that your loved one is receiving compassionate, proper care.
How to Get Started with Senior Hospital Recovery Care
If you think that in-home care may be the right solution for your loved one’s recovery from a hospital stay, our team at WellSprings Home Care Services can help. When you contact us, we’ll assess your loved one’s needs, and match him or her with the right caregiver.
You’ll then have the opportunity to interview this caregiver in person, and see for yourself if you think he or she is a good fit. Then, you can decide on which services you think your loved one will benefit from together.
To get started, simply give us a call at (610) 463-0880 today!